FLUIDOS (Flexible, scaLable, secUre, and decentralIseD Operating System), the innovative initiative working towards a dynamic and trustable computing continuum, announces the start of the Open Call, set to provide financing for the amount of 975,000 EUR. The funding is geared towards companies, primarily SMEs, aiming to validate and advance the FLUIDOS MetaOS for the Cloud-Edge-IOT continuum, while developing their unique use cases. The Call, which will run until February 2024, invites individuals and consortia to participate in advancing the future of computing.
FLUIDOS develops a software framework with modular components that can adapt to different hardware/software platforms. It enables a single node to support and expose a wide range of resources and services, which can be seamlessly shared and consumed by other nodes, either nearby or remote. The project holds a vision for the future that is based on five essential aims:
- Fluidify edge and cloud computing through decentralised, autonomous resource integration.
- Shift computing gravity beyond data centres, fostering cross-provider community computing.
- Orchestrate services based on energy efficiency parameters using AI.
- Implement a Zero-Trust security approach for authenticated, authorised access to dispersed resources.
- Cultivate a multi-stakeholder edge services market, promoting European digital autonomy.
The FLUIDOS Open Call is paving the way for innovation by introducing two impactful grant types:
- The Technology Extension Grant (TEG): Open for diverse individual entities to develop and integrate additional Open-Source functionalities, enhancing FLUIDOS with new features, tested in novel use cases.
TEG will be awarded to 5 applicants with the maximum award of €75,000 each.
- The Use Case Grant (UCG): Open to both individuals and small consortia (up to 3 entities), that will create demonstrators to validate FLUIDOS architecture and software.
The maximum award is €120,000. This grant will be awarded to 10 applicants in two phases: 5 in the first Open Call and 5 in the second Open Call (August 2024-October 2024).
Deadline for applications:
29 February 2024 (17:00 CET).
Additional information regarding the FLUIDOS architecture can be found here:
FLUIDOS Architecture White Paper
FLUIDOS Open Call Portal for Guidelines and Application
For inquiries, please email [email protected]